The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Early morning today American troops bombed Al Washash area in western Baghdad according to sources in the Iraqi ministry of interior. 14 people were killed and 9 others were injured. An e-mail was sent to the U.S. military to comment on the incident but there was no response by the time of publication of this report.
- Around 8 a.m. a road side bomb targeted civilians in Zafaraniyah. One civilian was killed and 3 others were injured.
- Police found 12 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 1 in Karrada, 1 in Sadr, 1 in Madaen, 1 in Eskan, 2 in Doura, 2 in Bayaa.
- Around 8 a.m. a road side bomb exploded near Sarchnar bakery in central Kirkuk. Three civilians were injured.
- Around 1 p.m. Gunmen kidnapped Dr. Riyath Ramo after they stormed his clinic in Al Jumhouriya neighborhood in Kirkuk.
- Around noon, a parked car bomb targeted an Iraqi police vehicle in central Tikrit. Two people were killed and 18 others.
- Around 10 a.m. a road side bomb targeted a convoy of the Iraqi army military intelligence commander in Basra Colonel Jabar Al Saad. Two of the body guards were killed in the explosion.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers