The daily Iraqi violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq , much of which goes unreported . Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 9 a.m., a car bomb exploded at a park near Rusafi intersection ( downtown Baghdad) killing 4 and injuring six others with 40 cars burned .
- Around 11 a.m., a roadside bomb exploded at the outside fence of Baghdad Zoo in Mansour neighborhood injuring three people .
- Around 3.40 p.m., a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy at Zayuna neighborhood ( east Baghdad) injuring 5 people .
- 1 Ministry of Interior commando killed and 1 injured in IED explosion that targeted their patrol in Dora, south Baghdad at 04:00 this afternoon.
- 2 civilians injured in IED explosion in Salhiyah, central Baghdad, at 04:00 pm.
- Zaineb Ali Siwan, a policewoman, was kidnapped from Zayuna, east Baghdad, by gunmen around 04:45 this afternoon.
- Ahmed Qassim Mohammed, a reporter, was attacked by gunmen in Palestine St. just before five pm. He sustained a gunshot and is now in hospital. He works for al-Noor Newspaper.
- 19 unidentified bodies were found by Iraqi Police today. 1 in Mansour, central Baghdad; 4 in Saidiya, south Baghdad; 1 in Alam, south Baghdad; 1 in Kadhemiya, north Baghdad; 2 in Bayaa, south west Baghdad; 2 in Amil, south west Baghdad;3 in Fadhil, central Baghdad; 2 in al-Amin, north east Baghdad; 1 in Shaab, north Baghdad; 1 in Zafaraniya, south Baghdad and 1 in Karrada, central Baghdad.
- 3 policemen injured in mortar attack upon the police station in Ameriya al-Fallujah residential compound.