The daily Iraqi violence report is complied by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq , much of which goes unreported . Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 10.30 a.m., random fire in Medain (south of Baghdad) killing 1 person and injuring another.
- Around 11 a.m., mortars hit Sadr city . No casualties reported.
- Around 12 p.m., random fire by an American convoy at Bab Al-Sharji ( downtown ) killing 1 person and injuring another.
- Around 12 p.m., two people were killed by sniper shots at Sibaa intersection near Sheikh Omar ( downtown Baghdad) .
- Around 12.30 p.m., gunmen opened fire on a patrol for police commandos at Doura neighborhood ( south Baghdad) killing three and injuring two others.
-2 killed and 2 injured in IED explosion in Zafaraniya, south Baghdad.
-1 killed and 3 injured in mortar attack in Madaen, south Baghdad.
-15 unidentified bodies were found by Iraqi Police in Baghdad today. 1 in Nidhal St. central Baghdad; 1 in New Baghdad, east Baghdad; 1 in Adhemiya, north Baghdad; 2 in Sadr City, north east Baghdad; 4 in Bayaa, west Baghdad; 2 in Amil, south west Baghdad; 2 in Adil, west Baghdad; 1 in Hurriya north west Baghdad and 2 in Saidiya, south Baghdad.
- Tuesday night, a car bomb targeted a police patrol at the celebration yard near Zamzam bakery ( downtown Kirkuk) killing one policeman and injuring 21 others including three civilians.
- After ten minutes of Tuesday , a roadside bomb targeted a civilian mini truck on the main way of Kirkuk Daquq in front of Taza park ( south of Kirkuk city ) killing one passenger and injuring another.
-1 policeman injured during shooting by gunmen in al-Nasr neighborhood downtown Kirkuk, at 12:30 this afternoon. The gunmen were driving a navy blue Opel Omega without number plates.
- Wednesday morning, two car bombs exploded at Noor neighborhood ( downtown Mosul city) targeting police patrols killing ten including three policemen.
- Wenesday , gunmen attacked police stations in eastern side of Mosul city by mortars . No casualties reported.
-1 policeman shot dead by sniper at the checkpoint in al-Shuhadaa district, south Fallujah.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers