The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It's posted without editing as transmitted to McClachy's Washington Bureau.
- Around 11 a.m. a road side bomb targeted civilians on 62 Street not far away from Saj AL Reef restaurant, a famous landmark in Baghdad. Two civilians were injured.
- Around 2 p.m. a road side bomb on Al Rasheed camp road targeted an Iraqi police vehicle. Five civilians were injured in the incident.
- Police found 17 dead bodies throughout Baghdad. 3 in Saidiyah, 3 in Doura, 2 in Amil, 3 in Bayaa, 1 in Jihad, 2 in Kadhemiya, 1 in Shaab, 1 in New Baghdad, 1 in Sleikh.
- Gunmen in a pickup truck opened fire and killed citizen Hussein Aziz and injured another citizen near Al Samaka Al Ulia village near Daqouq south of Kirkuk yesterday.
- Gunmen attacked a police vehicle on a road near Arif Koie, 10 Kilometers west of Daqouq today. Three policemen were killed in the attack: Hiwa Hweiz, Mahmoud Sabir and Muhsin Ali. One policeman was injured. Police said policeman Alis wife, Leila, committed suicide as she heard the news of her husband's death.
- Gunmen killed an Iraqi army soldier near a bus station in Hawija west of Kirkuk.
- Police found two dead bodies near Koza Raqa village, 18 kilometers south of Sulaimaniyah. The bodies carried multiple gunshots and a shepherd reported the bodies to police.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers