The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. It’s posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchy’s Washington Bureau.
- Sources from Sadr trend said that 9 people were killed including civilians in Sadr city today but a U.S. military statement said that the U.S. troops killed about “30 terrorists” in the raid and detained 12. Iraqi ministry of interior had no details about the incident.
- Around 11 a.m. a mortar shell slammed into Al Bayaa neighborhood killing one resident and injuring two others.
- Around 11 a.m. gunmen shot at a passing car of the ministry of labor and social affairs. Two women were injured (a mother and her daughter).
- Around 11:30 a.m. two gunmen on a speeding motorcycle opened their machine guns fire on a group of young men killing one and injuring two others in Doura.
- A road side bomb targeted Iraqi army vehicle in Mansour. 3 soldiers were injured.
- A mortar shell slammed into Al Siha district in Doura. 2 residents were injured.
- A mortar shell slammed into Al Mualmeen district in Doura. 6 residents were injured.
- A mortar shell landed in Abu Desheer area. 1 resident was killed and 2 others were injured.
- Police found 11 dead bodies throughout Baghdad today. 3 in Amil, 2 in Shuala, 2 in Doura, 1 in Saidiyah, 2 in Ealam, 1 in Saadon St.
- Gunmen opened their machine guns fire targeting a group of people in Al Urouba area not far away from Al Tawheed mosque south Kirkuk yesterday night. One man was killed and another was injured.
- Around 10:20 p.m. yesterday Gunmen stormed and bombed Abed Mutlaq Al Jubori fuel station using TNT explosives in Al Hawija west of Kirkuk. Sabah Hassan, worker in the station, was killed.
- Police found one dead body in central Kirkuk. The body of Muthhir Ali carried multiple gun shots.
- Around 11 a.m. a road side bomb targeted Iraqi police patrol in Al Khadhra neighborhood in central Kirkuk. One policeman was killed and 6 other policemen were injured.
- A parked car bomb targeted a highway patrols vehicle in the industrial area in Kirkuk. 4 policemen were injured and one passing by civilian.
- Gunmen killed lawyer Emad Dosh, a lawyer and a former Baath party member, today. Dosh was killed in Najaf province today.
- Gunmen attacked Talal Bilal, an assistant of the former governor of Najaf, in Kufa today. Bilal survived the attack and two members of his personal protection were injured.
- Clashes erupted between Mahdi Army militiamen and British soldiers 15 Km north of Basra yesterday night. No confirmed number of casualties was available till publishing this report.