The daily Iraqi violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau
- Around 8 am , mortars hit Amil neighborhood (west Baghdad)injuring four civilians .
- Around 12 pm of mid-day , a car bomb exploded at Uqba Bin Nafia in Karada neighborhood(downtown Baghdad) killing two people and injuring 16.
- Around 4 pm, a roadside bomb targeted an American convoy at New Baghdad ( east Baghdad) . No casualties recorded.
- Around 4.30 pm, a siper killed two plicemen at Adhamiya neighborhood( north Baghdad) .
- Around 6.30 pm, mortars hit Zafaraniya neighborhood ( south east Baghdad) injuring two civilians.
- Police found 20 dead bodies in Baghdad today in the following neighborhoods : 17 ( seventeen bodies in west Baghdad ( Karkh bank) ; 3 in Kadhimiya , 3 in Amil , 2 in Bayaa , 2 in Shulaa , 2 in Ghazaliya , 1 in Qadisiya , 1 in Doura , 1 in Amiriya , 1 in Risala and 1 in Huriyaa . While 3 bodies were found in east Baghdad ( Risafa bank) ; 2 in Zafaraniya and 1 in Shaab
Kirkuk ( 255 km north of Baghdad)
- Friday night , gunmen disguised as women opened fire on a check point for the Iraqi army at Riyadh ( 30 km south west of Kirkuk) killing three Kurdish soldiers as they are from Suleimaniya brigade .
Anbar (110 km west of Baghdad)
- Around 4 pm of Friday afternoon, a sniper at Al-Hadra neighborhood killed a policeman near a checkpoint there.
- A head which was cut off from the rest of a policeman body was found inside a thermos early Saturday morning at Elheb area in Garma ( north east of Falluja 62 km west of Baghdad) , an eyewitness said.