The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- Around 6 am, a squad from the Amrican forces raided the brigadier generals house ( Ahmed Taha) , the deputy of intelligence affairs minister at Baladiyat neighborhood ( east Baghdad) having his brother and the brother in law in custody as the deputy wasnt at home at that time.
- From 10 am in the morning till the time of having this report ( 4 pm ) , clashes are taking place at Al-Ameen neighborhood ( east Baghdad) after raids done by the American troops to the area . Eight people killed ( including two local cameramen from Reuters) and 22 others injured .
- Around 11 am , a policeman was killed by a sniper shot at Adhamiya neighborhood ( north Baghdad) .
- Around 12 pm, a roadside bomb exploded at Saidiya neighborhood (south Baghdad) injuring one civilian.
- Around 1 pm , clashes took place at Saidiya neighborhood ( south Baghdad) between police and gunmen . No casualties recorded.
Salahuddin ( 157 km north of Baghdad)
- Early morning,an American airborne force arrested 10 suspected people including a former mayor with four of his sons at Al-JIbour district in Dhilwiya ( 80 km north of Baghdad)
- Early morning , four people killed at Siawiya neighborhood in southern Samara when an American helicopters launched their missiles against some targets there .
Kirkuk ( 255 km north of Baghdad)
- Wednesday night, gunmen opened fire on a civilian sedan car (KIA model) at Taza neighborhood near Kisnzania temple (south of Kirkuk) killing one of its passengers and injuring two others.
- Around 1 am of Thursday morning, gunmen attacked a house at Hawija district ( west of Kirkuk) that belongs to a soldier of the Iraqi army . The soldier was injured with another one of his family who taken to hospital to have medical treatment.
- Wednesday night, a Kurd truck driver was kidnapped with his truck by gunmen near Himreen hills (south of Kirkuk) . The driver lives in Erbil (Kurdistan region 350 km north of Baghdad) . Last week, four Kurd truck drivers were kidnapped at the same place releasing them for a ransom of 40.000 $ for each one.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers