The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- A civilian was killed by the US troops in Al Rasheed wholesale market south Baghdad around 2,00 pm ,police said.
- 2 civilians was killed and 3 others wounded in random shooting by gunmen in Hay Saddam neighborhood south west Baghdad around 3,00 pm.
- A civilian was injured when a mortar shell hit Doura neighborhood south Baghdad around 6,00 pm.
- A policeman was killed by a sniper in Karrada neighborhood downtown Baghdad around 6,00 pm.
- 4 civilians were killed and 25 others injured in a parked car bomb explosions targeted the civilians in Al Bunook neighborhood east Baghdad around 7,30 pm.
- A civilians was killed and 2 others wounded when a mortar shell hit Hay Saddam neighborhood south west Baghdad around 8,30 pm.
- 17 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 12 bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (3 in Bayaa, 2 bodies in Amil, 2 bodies in Harthiyah, 2 bodies in Hurriyah, 1 body in Khadhraa, 1 body in Jamiaa). 5 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (1 body in Husseiniyah, 1 body in Sleikh, 1 body Zafaraniyah, 1 body in Karrada and 1 body in Bab Al Muadham.)
- a security source in Diyala province said that 2 border forces officers were killed and other members were wounded in an IED explosion targeted their patrol north Mandili city east of Baquba early morning today
- Security sources in Khalis town (10 Kms north of Baquba) said that a student was killed and 8 others were wounded when Iraqi army force (Khalis battalion)shot fire randomly near Al Rafedain secondary school.
- A civilian was killed and 12 others wounded when mortar shells hit many neighborhoods in Khalis town north of Baquba city today afternoon.
- Gunmen blew down today 16 houses of displaced families in Al Anbagiyah village north of Baquba city
- Gunmen shot dead Sheikh Najdat Solaiman Mohammed, the imam of Al Saliheen mosque in Wahid Athar neighborhood in Kirkuk city yesterday evening, police said.
- An IED exploded near the house in Al Sarai neighborhood in Hawija district south west Kirkuk city early morning today. A security source said that one house and two shops were burnt by the explosion.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers