The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- A U.S. military convoy killed an Iraqi man in Al Rashad neighborhood, Iraqi police said. U.S. officials were not available to comment.
- A mortar shell landed in Al Karada neighborhood. No human causalities.
- A mortar shell landed in the Green Zone. No casualties.
- Around 6:30 p.m. Gunmen executed 1 man and 3 women; one of them was pregnant, in al Saidiyah neighborhood, residents said.
- Police found 7 dead bodies throughout the capital today.
2 in Saidiyah, 2 in Doura, 1 in Shuala, 1 in Jisr Diyala, 1 in New Baghdad.
- Gunmen injured two policemen in two separated incidents in Kirkuk last night.
- Gunmen killed Kareem Sabir, an Iraqi policeman in Al Hawija west of Kirkuk last night.