The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers Special Correspondents in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- 1 policeman (national police) was killed and 3 others wounded in an IED explosion targeted their patrol around in Palestine street east Baghdad 3,15 pm.
- The final casualties number of yesterday explosion near Khillani mosque (Shiite mosque) increased into 78 people killed and 128 wounded.
- 3 civilians were wounded when a mortar shell hit Al Saidiyah neighborhood south Baghdad around 3,00 pm.
- Gunmen assassinated the general director of the Iraq American contracts company Ali Kadhim Jwad Allaw in Sleikh neighborhood north Baghdad around 3,30 pm.
- An IED exploded targeting an American convoy in Hurriyah neighborhood west Baghdad around 3,00pm. No casualties reported.
- A mortar shell hit the US embassy inside the Green Zoon downtown Baghdad around 7 pm. No casualties reported.
- 29 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today. 19 bodies were found in Karkh, the western side of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (4 bodies in Saidiyah, 3 bodies in Amil, 3 bodies in Bayaa, 2 bodies in Ghazaliyah, 2 bodies in Jihad, 2 bodies in Mansour, 2 bodies in Jamiaa and 1 body in Qadisiyah). 10 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern side of Baghdad in the following neighborhood (3 bodies in Sleikh, 2 bodies in Sadr, 2 bodies in Zayuna, 2 bodies in Rashad and 1 body in Al Qanat Street. Diyala.
- 7 policemen including an officer when gunmen attacked their check point in Al Tahwila area in Khalis town north of Baquba. A governmental source said that the attach happened around 5,15 when more than 30 gunmen attacked the check point.
- A big force of Kirkuk police directorate raided the neighborhoods of Wahid Huzairan (1st of June) and Al Mansiyah downtown Kirkuk city early morning today. 10 suspects were arrested and 21 AK47 rifles confiscated. Babil
- gunmen blew up three Sunni mosques today. Usama Bin Zaid mosque was blown up with IED around 10 am downtown Eskandariyah town north of Hilla city. The second mosque was Abdallah Al Jobori mosque which was blown up around 11. the third mosque, Sfoog mosque in Jbala neighborhood 50 Kms north of Hilla city was exploded afternoon.