The daily Iraq violence report is compiled by McClatchy Newspapers in Baghdad from police, military and medical reports. This is not a comprehensive list of all violence in Iraq, much of which goes unreported. Its posted without editing as transmitted to McClatchys Washington Bureau.
- The national police guards killed a suicide woman who tried to attack volunteers in Sadr Al Qanat neighborhood east Baghdad around 9,00. 3 policemen were injured only.
- A civilian was killed and his car was burnt when gunmen attacked him near Al Ahrar bridge downtown Baghdad around 1,20.
- 4 people were wounded when mortar shell hit Al Jihad neighborhood south west Baghdad around 3,00 pm.
- A civilian was killed and another injured in a parked car bomb explosion near the American base in Mahmoudiyah town south Baghdad around 4,30 pm.
- 3 Iraqi soldier were killed and 2 wounded in an IED explosion targeted their patrol in AL Mail neighborhood south west Baghdad around 5,30.pm.
- 3 civilians were injured when a mortar shell hit Al amil neighborhood south west Baghdad around 6,00 pm.
- 33 anonymous bodies were found in Baghdad today.24 bodies were found in Karkh, the western part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (7 bodies in Doura, 5 bodies in Amil, 3 bodies in Jamia, 3 bodies in Shoala, 2 bodies in Taji, 2 bodies in Abo Ghreb, 2 bodies in Bayaa). 9 bodies were found in Rusafa, the eastern part of Baghdad in the following neighborhoods (3 bodies in Ur, 2 bodies in Rashdiyah, 2 bodies in Sadr, 1 body in Jisr Diyala and 1 body in Sleikh.)
- A medical source in Diyala province health directorate that the morgue had received 8 anonymous bodies early morning today. The bodies were found in a bystreet near Abdul Kareem AL Madani Shiite mosque downtown Baquba city. The source said that the bodies were kidnapped by gunmen and thrown near the mosque referring that they are Shiite men.
- A security source said that a woman who was escorting a sick lady was killed when gunmen opened fire on an ambulance near Al Mafraq neighborhood west Baquba yesterday evening.
- 1 civilian was killed and 4 others wounded when gunmen attacked a minibus which was coming to Baghdad.
- A civilian was injured in an IED explosion targeted MNF convoy in Al Wasiti neighborhood downtown Kirkuk city north of Baghdad at 12,00 pm.
- 3 members of Kirkuk emergency brigade were injured in an IED explosion targeted their patrol near the celebration square downtown Kirkuk city yesterday evening.
- Insurgents exploded one of the oil pipelines which links the field of Kirkuk and Biji refinery west of Kirkuk city early morning.
2007 McClatchy Newspapers